Updated May 6, 2020
Dear Oak Hill Christian Family,
Dear Fellow Christians,
It is with great pleasure that we announce the beginning of the resumption of worship services at Oak Hill on Sunday, May 10. We thank God for His blessings always, but especially during the struggles we have experienced and will continue to experience with the COVID 19 pandemic. We continue to seek His blessings as we take these first steps toward resuming regular worship together. We appreciate and commend each of you for faithfully worshipping individually with your families during the past few weeks when we were unable to meet together. What a long time that has been, and what a pleasure it will be to once again join in worshipping together.
In keeping with the State of Indiana recommendations and out of appropriate caution, we will observe the following procedures for our initial worship services, commencing on May 10 and continuing until it is deemed appropriate to make adjustments:
- We will only meet for Sunday morning worship (9:00 A.M.). We will not have Bible classes or evening worship at this time.
- Although all are welcome, we ask that any who have concerns about their safety remain at home and continue to distance worship as in the past few weeks. This especially includes anyone 65 years of age or older, anyone with an underlying at-risk health condition, and anyone experiencing virus symptoms. We recognize your concerns and will not judge your decision in any way negatively. Jon’s weekly sermon will continue to be offered on-line as it has been until all of us are able to return to full worship.
- We will limit building access to two entry/exit points, one from the parking lot in front of the building, and one from the rear parking lot. If you arrive at the building after 9:00 A.M. please enter through the front entry. The rear entry will be secured after 9:00 A.M.
- Hallways and rooms in the education wing, kitchen, and multi-purpose room will not be accessible.
- Bathrooms will be available, and will have appropriate sanitizing material available for your use.
- We will be using non-invasive means to measure body temperatures of all who enter the building. Those with elevated temperatures will be so advised and asked to refrain from entering at that time.
- All worshippers are requested to wear face masks until seated in the pews for worship, and to do so when exiting or otherwise moving about the building. A limited number of masks will be available for use by those who don’t have them. Young children are not to use masks.
- All worshippers are expected to maintain minimum 6’ spacing while at the building, and to avoid physical contact such as hand shaking, hugging, etc. Use non-contact means of greeting each other. Socializing while maintaining appropriate separation may be easier outside the building following service if weather permits. Parents are asked to keep their children close.
- Only every other pew row will be available for occupancy, and worshippers are expected to maintain 6’ between individuals or family units of the same household when seated.
- Communion will be served by appropriately protected ushers proceeding along the open row in front of occupied pews. Individual worshippers will not touch the trays. Communion cups will be collected by the ushers in the same manner following distribution.
- Singing will be conducted using digital displays, no song books will be available.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at key locations for use by any and all.
- No materials will be handed out during our time together. Announcements, etc will be made vocally, projected, and or provided digitally.
- All material brought into the building is to be removed by those bringing it in. Don’t leave anything.
- Transportation to and from service will be offered by van. Users will be expected to maintain 6’ separation and wear face masks while in the van.
|These procedures are intended only to ensure our mutual safety while worshipping together, and so your willing participation is greatly appreciated. While some of these procedures may become the “new norm”, please be assured that our worship will continue to follow the “old ways” of the holy scriptures, in spirit and truth.|
Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to seeing you and worshipping together with you on Sunday. Stay safe, remain faithful, trust in the Lord.
In Christian love,
Paul, Paul, Larry